Winter Hours of Operation:
Winter - November 1st thru February 28/29th
Monday thru Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Last docent-led tour of the day will start 30 minutes prior to Closing Time.
To reserve group tours and/or an individual story telling session, please call the museum, 706 485 6853.
Summer - March 1st thru October 31st
Monday thru Saturday: 10:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Closed for lunch 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The museum will be closed in the event of inclement/threatening weather, including snow and/or ice.
Location: 214 S. Oak Street Eatonton, GA 31024 Directions can be found here
Cost of Admission:
Seniors (65+) and Students with ID: $4.00
Children 5-12: $3.00
Children 4 and Under: Free
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
Family Rate: $15.00
Includes 5 Family Members
Additional Family Members: $3.00
Group Rates: (10+) Reservation & Deposit Required
Contact Us here or call at 706-485-6856 for Details
Accessibility for mobility impaired
Group tours: Please contact us here or call at 706-485-6856 with your group's specifics (travel date, size, etc.)
Directions: Can be found here.
Stay and See: After visiting the Uncle Remus Museum linger and enjoy our Historic District by foot or by car:
- see the period vignettes at the Old School Museum
- stroll the walking trails at Rock Eagle and Rock Hawk
- camp at one of our camp sites on Lake Sinclair and Lake Oconee
- see the birthplace of Georgia's dairy industry
- visit the Georgia Writers Museum
- relax and enjoy Eatonton and Putnam county as you plan your next stop on Georgia's Antebellum Trail.
Find more information about these attractions and more here.